Saturday, May 18, 2013

Week 14 - Good ol' Days

Now that AP testing is finally over, I am finally able to dedicate more time on my DIY project.  However, I'm not going to lie... my motivation is decreasing at exponential rates.  With less than a month left of school, it is hard to keep up the same level of passion that I had when I first started this project.

After talking to Mr. Z about shifting the focus of my project, I realized that I have left my first one with many loose ends.  I collected many of my family's stories, but just left them hanging without documenting them in anyway besides a quick summary on this blog.  To finish documenting their memories, I have created a personal, password protected blog on Tumblr - 365daysofsaad.tumblr.com which I will continually update with their pictures and memories.  Additionally, I have and will continue to digitalize many of the pictures that are sitting up in the attic.

Continuing with my journey, I have written a letter to my college graduate self!  Next week, I am hoping to write one to be opened on my 30th birthday.

I have also continued looking for things from my younger years.  Here are two of my favorite things:



In 5th grade, we had to get in groups and write a book about success.  The story was about a cougar (Cougar was the mascot of my elementary school) who found success by acing a test.

It was weird to think about how long I have known the people that were in my fifth grade class, and even earlier.  People like Amber, Sarah, Connor - I've known them and had classes with them since second grade.  Since we were all in the GATE program, we were always in the same class.







When I was looking for awards to put in my Personal Interest section of the College project, I came across the "Declaration of Cell Phone" I wrote to my parents at the beginning of 5th grade.  Why I thought I needed a cell phone in 5th grade, the world may never know.  Either way, it was just about the most adorable thing I've ever read.  The fact that I wrote the entire thing in my neatest cursive makes me laugh.  I ended up getting a cell phone at the start of middle school.  It was one of those LG "Chocolate phones."  I will never forget how protective over it I was.








I anticipate this upcoming week to be slow for my DIY project.  I am a member of the club Friday Night Live and our annual talent show is this Friday!  There are a lot of small things we need to get done to ensure that it runs smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment